Some people refer to this as “Bebo Talk”
Top 50 of thousands of Acronyms that the youth use online. Yes its true, this talk was heavily used on Bebo social networking platform as quick text that parents could not decipher. But today in 2012, teenagers over age of 15 would rather use normal text.
Parents are often confused with the language children use on mobiles, instant messengers and other sites, so this list gives the top 50 Acronyms. Enjoy, if in doubt. Let me know
This is my own research, but the list is of Acronyms are from the following website, but I was asked to share this on my site by parents wanting to learn the new shorthand lingo that children are using online.
Top 50 Acronyms for Parents
- 8 – Oral sex
- 1337 – Elite -or- leet -or- L337
- 143 – I love you
- 182 – I hate you
- 1174 – Nude club
- 420 – Marijuana
- 459 – I love you
- ADR – Address
- AEAP – As Early As Possible
- ALAP – As Late As Possible
- ASL – Age/Sex/Location
- CD9 – Code 9 – it means parents are around
- C-P – Sleepy
- F2F – Face-to-Face, a.k.a. face time
- GNOC – Get Naked On Cam
- GYPO – Get Your Pants Off
- HAK – Hugs And Kisses
- ILU – I Love You
- IWSN – I Want Sex Now
- J/O – Jerking Off
- KOTL – Kiss On The Lips
- KFY -or- K4Y – Kiss For You
- KPC – Keeping Parents Clueless
- LMIRL – Let’s Meet In Real Life
- MOOS – Member Of The Opposite Sex
- MOSS – Member(s) Of The Same Sex
- MorF – Male or Female
- MOS – Mom Over Shoulder
- MPFB – My Personal F*** Buddy
- NALOPKT – Not A Lot Of People Know That
- NIFOC – Nude In Front Of The Computer
- NMU – Not Much, You?
- P911 – Parent Alert
- PAL – Parents Are Listening
- PAW – Parents Are Watching
- PIR – Parent In Room
- POS – Parent Over Shoulder -or- Piece Of Sh**
- pron – porn
- Q2C – Quick To Cum
- RU/18 – Are You Over 18?
- RUMORF – Are You Male OR Female?
- RUH – Are You Horny?
- S2R – Send To Receive
- SorG – Straight or Gay
- TDTM – Talk Dirty To Me
- WTF – What The F***
- WUF – Where You From
- WYCM – Will You Call Me?
- WYRN – What’s Your Real Name?
- zerg – To gang up on someone
This article was first posted October 2012 on http://www.pcclean.ie/
Interesting post Niall. I use the social media platforms and never heard of these. Also tells us what teenagers are talking about online !
Yes Denis you are right and good to see on the blog.