Whilst delivering my Cyber-bullying workshops under the umbrella of Internet Safety, the children ask me what can we do if we are getting Cyber-bullied or we know someone that is getting Cyber-bullied?
Are you getting cyber bullied?
Here are a few tips on what steps you can take. This may also be for a friend you know. Pass this on if it will benefit any person who maybe a victim
Steps to take if you are cyber bullied
- Don’t React or Respond
- Take a screenshot
- Take note of time and date it occurs.
- Keep a record of times and dates
- Block them from your social network or phone number
- Stay off the phone or network
- Tell an adult ASAP
- Possibly tell the bully how you feel
- Have an action plan with your parents
Remember that being cyber-bullied may not be directed at you personally but you may of just been picked on. Would these people still say the same hurtful words if they were standing beside you? Ask these questions to yourself as people feel invincible once they are behind a keyboard.
React wisely and Think before you post always.